Thursday, September 18, 2008

This and That

School Work

I was going through Rachel's bookbag and found something she had written in Writer's Workshop at school. It says the following:

"My birthday is in September. I might get a fish tank that is less than $200 or a Nintendo DS. 8 days until my birthday. I'm so excited."

Gee! I wonder who might've given the idea about a fish tank or a Nintendo DS (cough, cough....JEFF!)

Tooth Fairy Visits

In the midst of the saga with my Mom I forgot to mention that Rachel lost her sixth tooth while we were in Alabama last weekend. It's time for the tooth fairy to take out a loan.

Anna

While watching Anna in gymnastics today, I saw her sitting on the floor with some of the other girls and encouraging them to sniff their toes. Of course, I had to call her on it. That is just gross! I love her; I do. But, I swear that kid is going to age me.

On the way home from gymnastics she was talking about a boy that Rachel keeps telling her is her boyfriend and she was emphatic when she said that he was not. The reason...."he farts a lot." I have to admit I died laughing when I heard this conversation.

Mommy Is Home

I made brownies for the girls and when they got home today the whole house smelled like them. They knew Mom was home again. It's good to be back home, finally. I hope to be able to enjoy it for a while.

And, they say women are fickle....

Jeff was not happy with the finicky nature of the Ducati so he listed it on Ebay to see if he'd get a buyer. He did. The buyer is driving from the Northeast to pick it up on Saturday. This doesn't mean Jeff is out of the motorcycle business. He is just trying to decide what he'll get next that doesn't require so much special handling. It'll probably be a Japanese bike as they tend to be more refined. I keep telling him to get a CBR 1000 or a YamahaR1. It'll be interesting to see what he picks.

No comments: