Saturday, September 27, 2008

Rachel's Birthday Celebration


We ate breakfast at the local Waffle House yesterday morning, which we usually do at least once per week. So it's kind of like the show Cheers, everybody knows our name. Rachel announced that it was her birthday so the staff played birthday music and gave her a waffle with birthday candles in honor her special day.

I made cupcakes and brought in ice cream to be served in Rachel's class during snack time yesterday. Local schools do not allow birthday celebrations or for birthday invitations to be distributed at school. But, you can bring cupcakes for their class snack time and it just happened that it fell on her birthday. :-)
With the baking of cupcakes for school, brownies for a work fund raiser, and a cake for Rachel, you can guess that I was up late on Thursday and up early on Friday. But, I got the Tinkerbell themed cake made as Rachel requested. And, of course, it was chocolate cake with chocolate icing.
Rachel received cards and phone calls from friends and family near and far. And, we had a party last night at home. Jeff set up the inflatable movie screen outside and we played Meet the Robinsons; a Disney movie. The temperature is cooling off in the South but the mosquitoes were still biting.
We had a fire in our fire pit and the kids had s'mores. Of course, we had the traditional cake and ice cream as well. And, some popcorn to wash all the healthy stuff down.
I even dressed up as Mrs. Incredible (Elastigirl) to liven up the party some. I bought the costume last year when Disney put them on clearance after Halloween. I had to wear it some time and since I wasn't doing it for our Disney trip this year, I figured I'd have some fun with the kids. I think the older children enjoyed it more than the younger ones did.
They asked me to put on my new Star Wars costume and I did. So, everyone gets a sneak preview of what mine will look like for Disney this year. But, I'll have on makeup for Disney and Halloween. I even had a couple of lightsaber battles with the kiddos.

No comments: