Sunday, October 19, 2008

Jeff Is Going To Be Jealous


Meet Christian.

He lives next door.

As I was updating the blog, I heard him yell for me...."Miss Angela, I have something for you." Then he walks up the steps and brings me a little rose from his yard.

Jeff calls him "Eddie." For anyone who ever watched "Leave it to Beaver," you'll understand the humor behind that. He is a precocious little boy. Although, people who work with Jeff also call him "Eddie" too because Jeff is the one in the office who looks so innocent yet causes the most mischief. I guess it's easy for Jeff to recognize his fellow bretheren. :-)

I've been blessed with two daughters who love to pick and bring me flowers too. I used to bring flowers to my Mom all the time when I was a little girl. But, I think it's sweet when Christian does it too. I much prefer him to our last neighbor's teenage son who had a crush on me. Their teenage son said he liked older women. His Mom used to get a good laugh from the whole thing. What can I say, the younger men love me! :-)

Once upon a time, the young girls loved Jeff. I distinctly remember some young girls...maybe 12 or 13....flirting with him at the movie theater when we first started dating. He had that really young look about him back then...still does in many respects. However, one of the neighborhood teenage girls who is friends with our niece saw him riding the skateboard down our driveway recently and she said, "Look at the old man on the skateboard." I didn't think Jeff would ever recover from that. Poor fella. That's OK. At least someone didn't think that a person who is as old as me was his child. That happened to me about a year ago! Talk about crushing..........

No comments: