Sunday, February 01, 2009

Birthday Weekend

Lunch with Grandma and Papa
Gail and Harold came to visit with us this weekend to celebrate Jeff's and Anna's birthdays a bit early since we planned to be in Orlando during Anna's birthday.
Gail and Harold went to their school on Friday and had lunch with the girls. Anna and Rachel love it when family members have lunch with them at school.

And, the girls can invite up to two friends to eat with them. Rachel picked her best friend Chloe and another classmate, Elizabeth.
Weekend of Birthday Parties
We had a very busy weekend. Rachel was invited to two birthday parties and Anna was invited to one. We had one party 5:00 Friday night, one at 12:30 on Saturday and the last one at 2:00 on Saturday. The last party was at a local place that has putt-putt golf, games, batting cages, go-carts, etc. I spent about 20 minutes in the batting cage. I've always loved to play softball or baseball. However, you'd think I'd have the good sense to not push the limits. My shoulders and back are killing me today.
Lesson learned: We will not accept invitations to that many parties again in one weekend. It was a bit much. We were exhausted from all of the running around.
After all the parties, Gail and Harold took the girls to see a movie and then Jeff and I got a date night out for just the two of us. We went to dinner and then saw a movie. The movie we saw is New in Town. It was a cute movie. The plot was predictable. But, it was something humorous which we both needed.

Jeff's Birthday Cake
I wasn't sure what theme I would choose for Jeff's 40th birthday cake but I found a cute design at the local cake decorating store. In this family, chocolate has to be the predominant flavor of any cake. So, this theme worked well.

It took me a while to do today. I don't think he thought it was nearly as humorous as I did though.
Anna...an American Girl
Gail and Harold gave Anna her birthday presents early. Anna received Ruthie, an American Girl doll, for Christmas. Gail and Harold gave her several more pieces from the American Girl collection for her birthday.

Question of the Week:

Before finishing typing this post, Anna walked up to me asked me, 'Mommy, what does "deep doo-doo" mean?'

I'll close this post on that note. I don't even want to think about in what context she learned that term.

No comments: