Friday, July 18, 2008

My Class is Almost Over

Today is the last day of my class. I'm so glad that it is almost done.
There are 30 people in my class and they represent organizations from across the military. We were each assigned to a group of six people and you become a family in a two-week time period because you are hitched to these people all day, each day for the duration of the class. I have to say that my group was by far the liveliest and most fun of all of the groups. I was fortunate to have been assigned with these smart and funny people. If people take this stuff too seriously, it can make a tough course even harder. Truly, you have to have a sense of humor in our line of work.

We all earned (or were given) nicknames this week. Here is a picture of my team and our nicknames (from left to right):


John "The Commish," Angela "Miss Daisy," Mark "De la Pastrami," Wayne "The Body Ventura," Rodney "The Rodent," and Michael "Iron Mike Tyson."

I went to dinner last night with one of our instructors and about 12 other students from the class. It was nice getting out of the classroom and getting to know some of these amazing people. Other than the people in your group, there isn't much time to get to know the other people during class.

It's been an educational two weeks but I'm so ready to get back home.

I plan to stop in Bessemer on Saturday to visit with family and friends and then return to Georgia on Sunday.

No comments: