Saturday, July 12, 2008

Mall Visit







My first week in Huntsville has been quite busy between class time, homework in the evenings, trying to read work e-mails in the evenings, and trying to spend some time with the girls. My body is still stuck on eastern standard time though so I'm pretty much spent by 8:30 p.m. and I'm ready to get up by 5:30 a.m.

I promised Rachel and Anna that I would take them to the Build-A-Bear Workshop at the Parkway Place mall today. So, we didn't that first thing in the morning after the mall opened. Anna picked out a dog and Rachel picked out a cheetah; that figures that they would pick anything but a bear at the Build-A-Bear Workshop.

Forty-five minutes later and $80 poorer, we left the store with their animals dressed up and in their very own box along with a personalized birth certificate. I strongly suspect that the clothing will disappear shortly after getting home as all dolls in our home are usually naked shortly after being removed from the packaging. But, the girls thoroughly enjoyed the process and Anna already wants to come back to purchase more accessories. I told her she'd have to go into her piggy bank if she wanted more things.

Afterwards we finished our visit to Build-A-Bear, we browsed a few shops and then the girls were anxious to try a trampoline in the mall. So, they took at stab at that before lunch. Rachel mastered flips while she was jumping. Anna wanted to go again. But, I figured we had already spent enough and there was still lunch that I needed to buy. We enjoyed a quick meal in the food court and then returned home.
We plan to eat dinner at P.F. Changs at the relatively new Bridge Street Town Centre. I stopped briefly at Bridge Street yesterday after class just to check it out. The shopping center is essentially right across the highway from where I am attending school. It is very nice and definitely worth a visit. If nothing else, just to walk around.

No comments: