Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday Night

God picks you from the patch, brings you in, and washes all the dirt off you may have gotten from the other pumpkins. Then he cuts the top off and scoops out all the yucky stuff. He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc. Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see.~~Author Unknown
As if our weekend wasn't busy enough.....

There were still pumpkins to be carved. So, Jeff, Rachel, Anna, and Mary Grace began working on their works of art. Time didn't allow Jeff to do one of his unique works this year but I thought they all turned out beautifully just the same. And, it was Mary Grace's first time to carve a pumpkin.

After carving pumpkins, several of the neighborhood children showed up. They played baseball in the cul-de-sac. And, Rachel shared pecans with some of the kids from the tree in our yard.
After dinner, Rachel, Anna, and Mary Grace worked on scrapbook pages showing what they did over the weekend. I have always kept scrapbooks all of my life and I love it that the girls are enjoying it too. Plus, it's been a great teaching tool. They are writing their own words and explaining what happened on their trip. And, some times they draw their own pictures to share with their class. They are getting better with each page that they do. I cut the pictures and they color, decorate, and paste. They do get to use my fancy cutting tools but I have purchased cheaper paper, etc. for their use as they haven't quite got the idea of not being wasteful with stickers and some of the nicer paper. I find it easier to get their own cheaper supplies so they can enjoy it without me stressing over my pricier supplies not being carefully used. I hope they continue to keep these pages and in years to come, treasure them as I do mine.

No comments: