Monday, October 01, 2007

Autumn Wedding

There are three things that last: faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.- I Corinthians 13:13

My coworker, Jessica, got married Saturday evening. Without a doubt, it was one of the most beautiful weddings I have attended in quite some time. The wedding was outside and she could not have asked for more beautiful weather. The sun was bright. The temperature was perfect with a slight cool breeze. And, no knats; which in the south, is a miracle!

She was married at Pineola Farms in Fort Valley, GA. Her wedding was outside with the pecan orchard as the backdrop and the reception was in the refurbished barn.

The wedding started with Jessica being brought to the wedding area in a horse drawn carriage.




The wedding guests sat on hay bales. And, believe me when I say, they were much more comfortable than many church pews.



The wedding programs were hand held fans which were a nice touch since you never know about the heat or knats in the south. After the wedding, the happy couple rode off in the carriage before pictures and the reception.


Rachel and Anna had never been to a wedding before so this was a real treat. They loved it! At the end of the wedding, Anna asked if Jessica was going to have a baby now? I told her that they may want to wait a little while. :-)


They had a blast running around the farm and playing. Their favorite part was playing with the flower girl who they thought was a princess. The farm was a great place for children because they could run and visit with the farm animals. I even caught some rare shots of Rachel and Anna dancing together and actually being sweet to one another. Now, that is a rare kodak moment!



We had a great time at their wedding. We thank Jason & Jessica for sharing their special day with us.

While looking for other cards prior to the wedding, I found one for Jeff. I bought it and gave it to him. There was no special occasion. I just loved the card and thought it was perfect for us. It reads:

"Picture this:
You and me, years and years from now,
cruising along some highway with the top down, stereo blasting, the wind whipping our hair.
Whatever we want to do, we do it.
No agenda, no schedule, nobody else to worry about.
We travel the country, buying silly t-shirts and sending post cards,
stopping at tiny roadside cafes in search of the world's best pie.
No hurry. No rush.
We relax in the comfort of a lifetime of companionship.
You and me.....lovers, friends, partners on this road of life."



To Jessica and Jason, I wish you a long and happy life together as partners on the road of life. And, may you also be in search of the world's best pie together. Oh, and don't forget to stop and smell the diesel. :-)

I forgot to mention. Jeff stayed home Saturday evening. Originally, I had not planned to bring Anna to the wedding. She was going to stay home with Jeff and Rachel and I were going to the wedding. At the last minute, I changed my mind. Anna wanted to go so badly so against my better judgement, I decided to take her with me. Jeff was heart broken that he was going to spend a few hours alone at home (note the sarcasm on the "heart broken"). He was looking forward to a few hours of peaceful time alone....no females, have a beer, watch a football game, and grill a hamburger. He was savoring the peaceful moment of testosterone time when our niece and a neighborhood friend showed up wanting to visit with Rachel and Anna. They stayed for over an hour waiting for us to come home from the wedding as Jeff wasn't sure when to expect us back. Poor fella. Jeff just can't escape being surrounded by females! His one opportunity to sit in peace and it just wasn't to be. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening. It's been a REALLY long time since I last attended a wedding. 7 years, I think.

DieselRV said...

Hey lady!

Yes, it was a wonderful evening. It had been a while since I had been to a wedding too.