Sunday, November 02, 2008

I Deserved It


"I really want to study this whole thing of drinking, getting drunk and people saying that they're having a good time. Because if you put on a good suit, you put on a good suit or whatever and you say, "I'm going out to have a good time." But some people announce it: "I'm going OUT... because I DESERVE to go out... and I'm going to get DRUNK... because I DESERVE to get drunk... and get out of my way!" ~~Bill Cosby, Himself

For those of you who have seen the video Bill Cosby, Himself, you know that the ending to the story above is that the person goes out, gets trashed and ends up worshiping the porcelain God. And, Bill then says, "Remember, you deserved this."

Well, that is how I'm introducing last night's saga. A friend of ours, Holly, invited us to her home for a Wine and Cheese party. I had a particularly stressful work week and since Jeff was driving, I thought I'd enjoy the wine....because "I deserved it!"

I don't think I drank that much. I don't ever recall feeling drunk per se....maybe a little tipsy. But, we left the party after only being there two hours and then we went to pick up our daughters who were with our babysitter. Jeff went inside to get the girls and that is when the unpleasant feeling hit me. My head started swimming, the van suddenly felt warmer, and my stomach felt queasy. Jeff returned to the van with the girls and they all noticed my lack of color....Jeff knew what was coming.

A few minutes later as we drove down the road, I tossed my cookies (and the photo above is how I found the passenger side of my van this morning). Rachel and Anna couldn't understand why I was so sick and Jeff was laughing at my predicament.
And, after we got home, I tossed my cookies (or should I say my wine and cheese) even more.... alot more.

I don't recall the last time I vomited after drinking alcohol...had to be in college. And, as I sat there worshiping the toilet, I remembered why I don't usually drink much. But, evidently, my tolerance has decreased significantly over the years because it didn't take much to make me sick last night. I'll just limit myself to one drink from here on out when I decide to partake again as I don't want to have the experience I had last night again.

Of course, Jeff was still smirking after I got up this morning and asking me if I'd like an omelet with chili on top for breakfast. :-)

And, all I can keep thinking to myself is..."I deserved it!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh A, I also have that same smirk that Jeff has! I haven't had any alcohol in years and about 2 Christmases ago I tried a small glass of wine to see if I could ease myself back into it gently;) Nope, my body has now decided it is allergic to alcohol! I went all blotchy, started to itch and felt like my face was on fire, and then the nausea happened!!! Oh how I wish I could have a glass of *something* when I feel stressed! Nope, ain't happening!LOL
I say it still could have been the cheese that made you like it;) LOL