Saturday, January 05, 2008

Disney Reservations

We've now got tickets for the Pirate & Princess Party in February. It will be our first time to attend one of these. It's going to be an early birthday gift for Anna. We gave her the choice of going to Orlando or having a party with friends at home. She chose Disney (smart kid!). We could not get reservations at Fort Wilderness in February at all. Everything was booked for RV camp sites. So, we made reservations at the Shades of Green resort. We have stayed there before when we couldn't get reservations at Fort Wilderness. It is a beautiful resort on the Disney campus. This resort is only for military (retired, active duty and reserve) and federal civil service employees. It is located across the highway from the Polynesian Resort so it's very convenient to the monorail or you can always catch a bus. You can drive too but I think the monorail is the most convenient way to go although there is a .5 mile walk to get to the Polynesian from Shades of Green.

If you've never gone for one of these special party events at Disney, I highly recommend it. So far, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is my personal favorite. And, we already have reservations in October at Fort Wilderness for that. We can't wait!

We have reservations after Christmas this year but we have heard too many horror stories about the overcrowding in Orlando and at the theme parks at this time of the year that we are considering canceling those. Jeff is still on the fence about it. I'm ready to cancel. I have no desire to jump into such an overcrowded situation if I can avoid it. That's why I love the special party events...very minimal crowds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When, when, when in October? We are *considering* a trip then!!!
As for after Christmas, well, I'm sorry, but it was manic, and we didn't even hit Disney Parks! They closed Seaworld because there were too many people and the I4 was solid most days from 9am-9pm! (lucky we had back routes!) So, although I LOVED spending Christmas there, I wsn't too keen on all the queing afterwards! Maybe it was a fluke this past year, but I don't want to try again for a while!!!
Happy New Year! Oh, in about 2 weeks time, I get FREE international calls! Yep, you'll be hearing a lot more from us I am afraid! LOL

DieselRV said...

I emailed you the specifics. I sure hope we can meet up.