Sunday, December 07, 2008

Indian Springs, GA

Top Row: Hear no evil. See no evil. Speak no evil.
Bottom Row: "Hey, they are spoiling our fun!"

We joined some friends at Indian Springs State Park this past weekend. Cindy, Larry and their two children; Trinity and Hannah. John and Darlene and daughter Alecia.
Darlene, Cindy & Me (L-R)
The weather was cold for most of the weekend but we still had a great trip. The kids had a great time playing in leaf piles and riding their bikes around the campground. Even Jeff joined in the leaf pile fun.
Alecia

This was the first year that the Village at Indian Springs offered a Christmas program. On Saturday morning, Pinky's restaurant had breakfast with Santa. It was $10 per adult and $5 per child for a pancake breakfast. We walked around the shops and garden area after breakfast. I was impressed when I caught Larry carrying Cindy's red purse for her. He truly is a man secure with his masculinity. Although, Jeff did tell him that the purse clashed with his ensemble.


Larry and the Red Purse


Generations Gallery offered free activities throughout the day including making ornaments, horse carriage rides, cotton candy and snacks. A local high school class played Christmas carols using hand bells in the evening. This was the first year that these activities were offered and we really enjoyed it all. Very quaint. And, very simple. The Village at Indian Springs is located right outside of Indian Springs State Park so it was very convenient as well.

It was also Hannah's birthday recently so we celebrated on Saturday. Everyone was high on sugar after eating that cake. And, everyone also had colored tongues from the cake icing.

Happy Birthday Hannah!

We also added another family member this weekend. A cat adopted us at the campground. He knew a sucker family when he saw one. And, I'll give him credit...he picked the family with the 39 foot diesel motorhome. Smart kitty! Evidently, the cat was abandoned there at some point. The camp host said other families had tried to bring the cat home with them as well because the cat is so personable. But, he added that the cat would freak out when they put it in the vehicle to take it away from the park. I put the cat in the jeep with me and he was perfectly content on my lap. He is such a sweet kitty that we felt awful leaving him there. So, I drove home with him in my lap. He'll have to be an outdoor kitty because he is a male and he and Simba, our indoor male cat, would fight if they both were kept indoors. I think he is used to it so I don't anticipate it'll be much of a change for him except he'll now get regular meals and he has a dedicated family. We aren't sure what we are going to name him yet though...and I suppose I'll be bringing him to the vet soon to get him neutered. It'll have to wait until I get back from Marietta though. I'm leaving again on Monday. I'm hoping this will be my last trip for the year. I have to say that the "inn is full" at this point. I had no desire to take on another pet but at the same time none of us could just leave the poor creature.
Of course, he's tiny compared to Simba. I don't think he is half the size of Simba and he appears to be full grown.

No comments: