Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Welcome Baby Sophia!

If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished ever moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.~~Irma Bombeck

My friend Long called me this morning to tell me that his wife, Quyen, gave birth to a healthy baby girl this morning....on Christmas day. I wanted to go to the hospital to visit with them and after confirming that it was O.K. with them, I left home to visit with them. And, I found a store open on the way and there was one pink Christmas stocking left with "Baby's First Christmas" embroidered on it. It must've been meant for Sophia.

While Quyen hoped to give birth naturally; it was not meant to be. She ended up having a c-section after the doctors determined that Baby Sophia was stressed. Having had two c-sections myself, I knew the discomfort she was feeling all too well.

I'm happy to report though that Sophia and Quyen are both doing well overall. Sophia is a beautiful baby who weighed in at 6 lbs-11 oz with a head full of black hair. Quyen is resting and did a beautiful job at nursing Sophia while I was there.

Long and Queyn were very tired after a long night. And, Long is feeling a bit overwhelmed being a new Dad but I know he's going to be a champ in no time! Below is a picture of Long (holding Baby Sophia) and Quyen; and Long's parents who traveled from Ohio to be here for the birth of their first grandchild.

Congrats to the Nguyen family! And, welcome to the world baby Sophia!

I was so appreciative of them sharing such a joyous occasion with me. What a special Christmas! And, seeing Baby Sophia reminded me of the same special moments in our family when Anna and Rachel were born. Their smell, the softness of their skin, and the way they just snuggle up on you like a little bug in a rug....it all took me back. I can't say that I'll miss the sleepless nights that I know Long and Quyen are in for though. :-)

1 comment:

tieuphi said...

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful experiences, time, and most of all for your wonderful warm heart that welcomes Sophia into this world. What a joy to greet a new member into our family. Thanks again for your kindness, caring, and supportive to Sophia and Kim. God bless you and your family