Sunday, December 16, 2007

December Update

House Updates

We have finished the house modifications with exception of installing all of the trim and some touch up paint work. But, the bulk of the work is complete. The house looks so much better now. Well, at least it does to us.

Here is the before picture of the living room with the carpet still installed.

And, here is the "after" picture with the new Pergo laminate flooring installed.


I don't have a picture of the foyer with the hardwood installed but here is a picture with the tile installed.

Below is a before shot of the dining room (which we don't use as a dining room) as it looked when we moved in.


And, now, this is what it looks like today (above) with paint and Pergo installed.

The only picture I haven't included here is a picture of the laundry room. It had linoleum installed. We painted the room and installed the same tile as what you see in the foyer.

I believe we are done with house modifications for a while.

Polar Express

Jeff bought a 9-foot inflatable movie screen a few months ago. We decided to host an event at our home. We sent out invitations for families to watch "The Polar Express" on the screen in our back yard Friday evening. It was perfect weather. It was a little on the cool side....just cold enough to have a fire in the back yard. I took a few photos before guests arrived (see below).



I spent a good portion of the week cooking. I made gingerbread, chocolate covered pretzels, and sugar cookies. I also made home made hot chocolate and hot apple cider. I bought some peppermint candy and I used the decorations that Rachel and Anna have been making for the table. A few weeks ago, Anna and Rachel made a gingerbread house and that was the centerpiece.

We had a pleasant evening with our friends and neighbors who joined us. I don't think the children watched much of the movie though. They seemed more interested in jumping on the trampoline and eating the goodies that we made.

Interestingly enough, Rachel had an event at school earlier in the day where they read "The Polar Express" and she was supposed to dress up in her pajamas. So, she had a full day of "The Polar Express."

It's hard to believe that Christmas day is almost here. We put a few wrapped presents under the tree last night and it's been driving Rachel and Anna crazy....which was the point of us doing it. :-)

Christmas Cards

I'm so happy that I finally got our Christmas cards in the mail. Last year, it just didn't happen. I was sick with the flu in December and then developed bronchitis on top of it. And, so did Anna. Needless to say, by the time I felt up to it, it was a bit late to be sending out cards. And, this year, with the house modifications that we were doing, I found myself a bit behind the power curve again. But, they are in the mail so they should arrive to our friends and family before Christmas.

No comments: