Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Clueless Parent of the Year Award Goes To....

The Clueless Parent of the Year Award Goes To....Me!

We left over a week ago to go to Orlando for a vacation. I packed up the RV prior to leaving.

As usual, I packed some snacks including Anna's favorite snack...cheetos.I bought the baked crunchy type of cheetos and never noticed anything else unusual about the bag. However, each time Anna ate the cheetos, I always noticed this blueish-green coloring around her mouth. I kept thinking maybe she had wiped marker across her mouth. Our children have the washable markers and its not unusual for Anna to wear as much color as she puts on paper. But, it seemed so unusual that the timing of the blueish green color on her mouth to coincide with a snack or meal. I guess this happened about three times over the course of eight days.

Well, today, my next door neighbor's 13 year old daughter, Landon, ate lunch with us. And, during the course of the meal we were joking that Anna had that color on her mouth again. Now, Jeff and I were wondering if she had been sucking on a marker. We could not figure out where in the heck she was getting this coloring from.Landon said, "I wonder if Anna is eating the new Shrek cheetos?" She went on to say "they've been advertising it a lot on TV." Jeff and I rarely watch TV...much less commercials. We don't even have cable or satellite service because we just don't watch much TV. So, we had not seen any of the commercials.

Sure enough....I had bought the Shrek cheetos and right on the front of the package are the words "Turn thy tongue Shrek Green." The cheetos look like normal cheetos in the bag. But, once saliva touches them, the cheesy powder turns green. Duh!!!!! I am so not with it these days.

No comments: