Sunday, April 26, 2009

Business Travel and Maiden Voyage in our New Camper


I've been traveling a lot for business the past few weeks but last week I actually went somewhere besides Marietta, GA. I attended a conference in Salt Lake City, UT. It was absolutely gorgeous there in the Spring. The mountains surrounding the city were still capped with snow and the spring flowers were in bloom. Just beautiful.

My one treat for the week was visiting the Family History Library. It is the largest genealogy library in the world. Unfortunately, I didn't have nearly the enough time I wanted to spend there. And, also, I didn't score any major data that I was hoping for but enjoyed the research nonetheless.
Me outside of the Salt Lake City Temple

After I finished in the library, I took a tour of Temple Square. Of course, I never realized I had Mormons in my family tree until I started doing genealogy research. But, it was still an interesting tour to take even if a person doesn't have familial ties to the Mormon church. I even had my own personal tour guides. They got a laugh when I asked them if they were polygamists. :-) I knew that would get them going. I was glad they had a sense of humor.

Weekend Trip

I flew home last Friday and then drove to Cordele, GA, to meet Jeff, Rachel and Anna at Georgia Veterans State Park. It was our first trip with our new Fifth Wheel camper. We had a great time. The weather was beautiful and I was so happy to be back home with my family. On Saturday, we drove to Albany and visited the Flint River Aquarium. The girls also played at the river walk area in the water and at the playground before we returned back to Cordele.

We enjoyed a great weekend together. I'm happy to report I won't be traveling anywhere for business over the next three weeks. It's good to be back home.

No comments: