Sunday, January 04, 2009

Anna Moments

I was in my bathroom braiding my hair when Anna quickly entered announcing the need to poop. We have three bathrooms. Why she felt the need to take a crap in the one that I happened to be in is not something I'll ever understand.

But, if I had not been there I would've missed the interesting conversation that ensued. Anna said, "Mommy, why is it hard to push poop out?" I replied, "Well, maybe you need to eat more fiber; things like fruit as an example." "But, I eat fruit," replied Anna. "Maybe you need to eat more and maybe add some raisins." Then, she changes the conversation to another facet of pooping. "Mommy, part of my poop looks like a snake. The other looks like a snail," she shares with me. At that point, I just stopped talking and smiled. Really, you can't pay for entertainment like this!

We took Rachel and Anna to see Bedtime Stories today. We all enjoyed the movie I think. After we got back home, Anna was having a conversation with our next door neighbor's son, Christian. He was standing in our front yard. Anna was yelling from our open upstairs bonus room window. She yells to him, "We just got back from seeing Bedtime Stories and Bugsy farted."
We watched the whole movie and the one thing she felt noteworthy to share with Christian was that the guinea pig farted after eating marshmallows. Ahhh, that was money well spent.

When I often remind Jeff that Anna is the result of his best and fastest swimmer; he reminds me that she is also the product of my one and only egg produced that month. We have done well contributing to the gene pool, don't ya think? I joke about things like this but honestly, you couldn't spend a minute with Anna and not totally fall in love with her. She keeps me laughing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of Katey...we were at Margaritaville in Panama City tonight for dinner. All of these decorations around us and what does Katey notice? That the mermaid on the boat next to our table is not wearing any sea shells...AND she proceeds to cop a feel! AHHH...

Teresa

DieselRV said...

You just gotta love 'em. :-)