Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Morning Visitor


A turtle travels only when it sticks its neck out. ~~ Korean Proverb
I got my bicycle tuned up last month and decided to go out for a ride yesterday morning and this morning. Weather in the south is devine first thing in the morning. Of course, by afternoon, you can't breathe from the heat and humidity.
I saw a small turtle walking down our driveway as I was coasting out for my morning ride. I knew the girls would go crazy over it so I found an empty container to put him in. It was not difficult getting them out of bed to see my discovery.
It didn't take long for them to come up with a plan for making this turtle a permanent addition to our home. But, as I've explained many times before, if it can't clean up it's own poop or feed itself, then we don't have time for it in our family at this point in our lives. So, we'll allow them to keep him for today. They let him go again this evening. So, "Franklin" the turtle has been set free again.

No comments: