Wednesday, September 05, 2007




Getting old ain't for sissies.~~Betty Davis
Yes, that adorable, cherubic infant pictured above is me. My, how times have changed.....

Wow! Have the years flown by......I'm four years old today. Or, so said the card given to me by my children. What? They liked the unicorn on the card so they picked it out for me.

Now, after looking at my childhood pictures, do you think my children favor me at all?
Today was a busy day. Unfortunately, life doesn't stop just because it is your birthday. So, my work day was long. But, I came home to a nice meal. Jeff had grilled steaks and made a chocolate cake with homemade chocolate icing. Not that I'm not appreciative....but I do have to wonder about the cake flavor selection considering that I'm surrounded by chocohalics.
And, my birthday presents from Jeff and the girls were an IPOD and some roses (along with some interesting birthday card selections....I even got one from the cat). I can't wait to use the IPOD. I wanted something I could use while jogging that wasn't cumbersome and would not skip due to the impact of me jogging.
I received lots of calls, cards, and emails from family, friends, and coworkers. If I didn't get the opportunity to thank everyone for their thoughtfulness earlier today, let me do so here. Thank you! I feel so blessed to call you my family and my friends. Truly, if we have our health and love, we are truly wealthy.
And, for those wondering, I am 37 today. 37 years young that is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday my friend! I'm glad everyone spoiled you! An I still cannot believe your age, you look waaaaaaaay younger!
We miss you all!
Love, Jen, Mike, Ellis and Cooper

DieselRV said...

Thanks Jen! You are too kind.