Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Princess for a Day


From our birthday, until we die,
Is but the winking of an eye.~William Butler Yeats


I celebrated my 36th birthday today. My how time flies…
I remember when I was a teenager I thought that people in their 30s were old. Now that I’m here I’m rethinking that notion. I guess ultimately age is truly a state of mind.
It’s interesting how our priorities change as we go through life. Seeing just how quickly time and youth escapes us, it makes me that much more appreciative of what I have right now and how quickly this time will also be gone.

I had a great birthday. I received lots of emails, phone calls, and cards from friends, coworkers, and family thinking of me today. I arrived home from work to find an inflatable cake in front of the RV to greet me. We went out for dinner and then we returned home where we shared a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake.

For my gifts from my husband and children, I got what every woman enjoys….a gift card to a local spa. I have a suspicion I’ll need that massage after our hiking trip this coming weekend. I also got a DVD of the movie RV. We saw this movie at the theater. It's not exactly the best movie we've ever seen but we could certainly relate to a lot of the humor because of our chosen lifestyle which makes the movie RV a keeper for us. We no longer have room for “stuff” nor do I need anything so I was grateful for my small (as in taking up little to no space) gifts. My husband made me a card fitting for the occasion. He modified the RV movie poster for the cover of my card.
My daughters thought I should have a princess crown to celebrate my special day and I was happy to oblige. I may not be true nobility but I certainly feel blessed with priceless gifts.
I once saw another quote that stated “A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip.”

I fully intend to.

2 comments:

Jean (Rockledge, FL) said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! I often think of you, and how wonderful it is for you to be enjoying your dream. You certainly make me think about where I am in my life and what I want to do to fulfill my dreams. It can be done, you are living proof! I'm looking forward to my RV home tour next time I'm in Warner Robins. Love and miss you! Greetings from the Rock, Jean (Rockledge, FL)

DieselRV said...

Thanks Cyndi & Jean!

Jean-We'd be happy to give you the "tour" the next time you're in town. We'll be in Orlando in October. Maybe you can visit with us at Fort Wilderness while we are in town? We'd love to see you.