Sunday, March 08, 2009

High Falls State Park

The weather forecast was awesome for the weekend so we planned a quick trip to High Falls State Park.

I think the thing that struck us most about this visit was the water level at the falls. I don't recall it ever being so high ever. It made the falls beautiful but it limited our ability to navigate on the rocks at the waters edge. Rachel took a tumble while hiking but after she stopped her theatrical routine, she got along quite well with a skinned knee. I think hiking is a great way for children to learn to be aware of their surroundings and to learn from it. I think she'll continue to remember to watch where she is walking when on a trail from here on out.

It was a nice and relaxing weekend...something we all needed. I'll be packing tonight for a quick trip to Albuquerque, NM. It's been nice having such a long break from work travel lately. I haven't had to go anywhere since the middle of January.

Here are a few pics from the weekend:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some nice black and white photos. were they taken B&W or photoshopped? Hard to do B&W well.