Friday, April 11, 2008

Potpourri

Since we live in Georgia, I try and share interesting "things to do" for our friends who read this blog who live here. I found this interesting tidbit in May 2008 Reader's Digest in the Best of America article:

Best "Good Eggs"
Put 50 volunteers, 10,000 marshmallow eggs, and 8 acres of rolling farmland together and you get thousands of really happy kids. That's the Garrison family's Easter egg hunt in Homer, GA, where it's been a joyful tradition for 49 years. Attracting as many as 25,000 visitors annually from surrounding towns, the holiday hunt first began as a thank-you to the workers at Oscar Garrison's lumber company, founded in the 1940s. Lucky winners--those who find one of the 100 prize eggs on Easter Day--get their choice of a basket or a bunny (that's a real rabbit). A truly eggs-cellent adventure!

Homer, GA, is about 2.5 hours from our home town. But, it's close to Tallulah Gorge and other areas in northeast GA that we enjoy visiting. I can't say that I'd be that gung ho about making a trip to a place to hunt eggs with "thousands" of kids. It's hard enough keeping up with our girls at Easter egg hunts at church. And, it's enough to enjoy thousands of kids on our visits to Disney. However, I thought there may be some who read who might want to try this some time so I thought I'd share.

No comments: