Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Changes....

New Jobs

Jeff started his new job June 25th. I resigned from my former employer Jul 6th and I start my new job July 23rd. Lots of change going on in our lives right now.

I worked for my employer for almost 10 years and, today, they had my farewell lunch. It was sad seeing all of the people that I had worked with all these long years and knowing I would no longer be working with them on a daily basis. It was like closing a big chapter of my life that I'm not entirely sure has sunk in yet. I have to drive past my old office on the way into work now and it seems so wierd driving past the building instead of turning into the parking lot.

As I've said before, I believe things happen in our life for a reason. I think that these jobs were placed before us because it was meant to be. It's interesting how things some times fall into place when we least expect it.

I'll have some travel associated with my new job...mostly trips to Dayton, OH, and Marietta, GA. It'll be nice traveling to Dayton from time to time as I have friends there. Can't say I'm too thrilled about trips to Marietta. Actually, I'll have to fly out of Atlanta to go to Dayton so maybe I'll recant that last statement. I hate traveling in or around Atlanta. It's always a traffic nightmare but I'm sure I'll adjust. What am I saying? I've traveled in and through Atlanta for years now and I hate it just as much now as ever. I can only hope for missing rush hour traffic.

The Girls Are Coming Home

Rachel and Anna are coming home tomorrow. I can hardly stand the anticipation. I miss my children so much! Jeff and I both have missed them terribly. We've been busy since they've been gone...painting and organizing things at home that we didn't have time to do before. We've even souped up their play room with a projector and large screen. Of course, Jeff says its all for the children and I think those of us that know Jeff know better. :)

No comments: