Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Priceless


One ponytail rubberband....25 cents
One new spray faucet....$100
A husband falling for his own practical joke....Priceless

My loving husband tried to set me up. He set up the faucet as you see above except it was pointed at me. Essentially, an unsuspecting victim (that would be me) could turn on the faucet and be sprayed since the sprayer's button was held down by a ponytail rubberband. It was a cunning plan and I'm sure Jeff was enjoying the thought of me being sprayed. But, lady luck was not to be on Jeff's side this time.
I went into the kitchen last night and I did turn on the faucet but my hand slipped so I didn't grasp the faucet handle very well. Essentially, I turned the water on but not enough to really get the full impact of the spray. Fortunately, Jeff was not in the kitchen when it happened so he was not clued in that I had discovered his trap.
So, I left it in place and didn't say anything. This morning I noticed that he had slid the rubberband down so that he was able to use the faucet without spraying himself. He leaves for work before I do so prior to leaving I set the sprayer up with the rubberband in place. And, tonight, Jeff became a victim of his own trap and I was there to witness it.
Yes, it was funny watching him get sprayed. But, what was even funnier was the look on his face when he realized he had been caught by his own trap.
I set up the faucet again to take a photo and I left it set up with no foul play intended. Jeff went back into the kitchen and was almost sprayed again. The only thing that saved him was that I had the faucet turned sideways for the photo so only the wall was sprayed.
I'm sure he is planning his next trick to get even. There is no doubt he will get his day in the sun but until then I'll just relish the thought that I beat him at his own game.

No comments: